During Winters, our skin tends to get dry, itchy, and dull due to lack of moisture. We usually look around for good cold creams and body butter to moisturize dry skin. And to help you achieve that, here are a few simple winter skin care homemade tips for your face that you can follow to avoid excessive dryness and dead looking skin.
I personally love winters a lot. The chilly season makes me feel fresh and alive. Cozy jumpers, boots, scarves, and what not! But, unfortunately, winter is the time when our skin does not like to cooperate with us. we often overlook things available at our home that can enhance our skincare routine.
If you feel cosmetics and creams are very expensive in the market, home remedies can help provide you moisturized skin during winter. In winter, many of us face a dry skin problem. In the winter the moisture in the skin goes down and skin becomes dry. Dry skin can be treated with moisturizers. There are many natural moisturizers available in a home like glycerin, honey milk.
People existing in this world has both dry and oily skin tone. Some people have a misconception that, if an individual has the oily skin tone, they don’t have to suffer from dryness during winter due to extreme weather condition. But this is a totally wrong concept.
The winter wind is so strong that even people with oily skin tone get pulled out skin during this season. Thus, proper care is important for individuals with both oily and dry skin tone. Following are some of the ways through which you can take care of both oily and dry skin tone.
Here is a list of top 9 winter skin care home remedies. Use them, and you will fall in love with your skin all over again!
Winter skin care homemade tips
- Stay hydrated in the winter. Try to take the juices and drinks.
- Try to cover most of the body with clothes. Do not expose the skin to the cold air.
- Dry skin is the major problem in the winter. Use the natural moisturizer in the winter
- The chapped lips are one of the problems this winter. Apply the petroleum to the chapped lips. Use the lip scrubs for the lip care in the winter.
- Do not take the hot water baths. The hot water takes out the moisture in the skin then skin becomes dry. So try to avoid the hot and long baths in winter.
- Try to add vitamin A, vitamin E rich foods in your diet.
- Do not apply the makeup products with high alcoholic content. Do not use the beauty and hair styling products too much in winter.
Winter Skin Care Homemade tips for moisturized skin
1.Oil treatment for dry skin in winter
It is quite common to have different types of oil at home. Coconut oil is one of the common types which will be definitely available at home. These days’ people are keeping olive oil as well as almond oil for multiple purposes. Take any one variety of oil and apply it to your skin and massage it gently before going to bath. Even after a bath, you will see your skin do not become dry. Smoothness and softness stay intact. You can check your skin by using your nail scratch. If it becomes white, it means that your skin is dry or else your skin is moisturized.
2.Egg yolk paste – winter skin care home remedies
These days’ people consume egg if they don’t find anything to consume. Rather, some people like egg and consume it on a daily basis. Getting eggs in your refrigerator will be quite easy. You need to take out one egg, break it and pour it into a small container.
You can easily see a yellow color egg yolk in the middle of while liquid. Slowly take out the yolk from the container without leaking it. Now, make a face pack with egg yolk, 1 teaspoon of honey and a teaspoon of milk powder. Mix the ingredients well and apply it over your face evenly, leaving eyes and lips. Keep the paste for 20 minutes and wash with simple tap water.
Petroleum jelly is easily available and comes very cheap. It can be used on dry skin, dry lips, and cracked heels – the remnants of winter on our body. Petroleum jelly is an emollient and has skin moisturizing properties. It helps to get rid of the above-mentioned dry skin conditions. Apply petroleum jelly all over your body and massage for a minute or two so that it is absorbed into the skin.
The high vitamin C content present in strawberries helps in relieving dryness. It makes the skin soft, smooth, and moisturized. It is also a natural exfoliant. Its mild acids remove the dead skin cells and impurities that have accumulated and brightened the skin tone. Fresh cream and honey are moisturizing agents as well.
How to Apply
1. Mash the strawberries and add honey and cream to it. Mix well.
2. Apply this on the face evenly, avoiding the eyes and lips.
3. Let the face mask dry for 10-12 minutes. Rinse with lukewarm water.
4. Rinse with cold water to close the skin pores.
Banana moisturize and nourishes the skin with its vitamin C, B6, and A content. These help in retaining water in the skin and keeping it hydrated. An additional benefit of using this face mask is that banana also possesses anti-aging properties and will smoothen out fine lines and wrinkles.
How to Apply :
1. Mash the banana and add the honey. Mash the banana well so that no big lumps remain.
2. Apply this on your face and keep it on for 15-20 minutes.
3. Rinse with water.
6.Milk, lemon and almond oil for dry skin
Make a mixture of 1 spoon of the juice of a lemon and 1 tablespoon of dried milk powder. Add 1 tablespoon of almond oil to this mixture. Now blend it to form a thick paste. Milk powder will add moisture to your skin and the lemon will cleanse it. The tone will lighten with the lemon juice and almond oil will help make the skin soft and supple. In the winter, when you use creams and lotions, your skin gets darkened. Use this pack on your neck, face, and hands for lightening the tone.
7.Avocado And Honey Face Mask
Avocado and honey both are humectants and help cure dry skin problems during winter. Avocado contains healthy fats, vitamins E and C, and carotenoids. They protect the skin from free radical damage and keep it hydrated. Apart from moisturizing properties, the antioxidants in honey keep the skin young looking.
How to Apply :
1. Mash the avocado and add the honey to it.
2. Apply the mixture to your face and neck.
3. Let it dry for 10-15 minutes and then rinse with water.
8.Glycerine – Winter Skin Care homemade tips
Glycerine is easily available and is used to solve various dry skin problems. It is a natural moisturizer and helps to restore hydration of the skin, making it soft. This is because of its humectant and emollient properties.
How to Apply
1. Wash your face and pat it dry. Leave it slightly damp.
2. Dip the cotton ball in the glycerin and apply on the face. Avoid the eyes and the lips.
3. Leave the glycerin on. Do not wash it off
- A piece of ripe papaya
- A banana
- 2 tablespoons honey
Papayas contain antioxidants and bananas are known for their vitamin content. These two fruits also work as anti-aging agents. Honey is a natural moisturizer for the skin. Using this pack will help rejuvenate your skin, making it firmer and younger looking.
How to Apply :
1. Mash the papaya and banana so that no lumps remain.
2. Add the honey and mix well.
3. Apply this paste on your face and other dry areas on your body.
So, now that winter is setting in, your skin may be covered with layers and layers of clothing. However, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take good care of it. How else will you flaunt those cute short dresses in summer?
With these Winter Skin care homemade tips, you can keep your skin soft and glowing all through the winter months, and be ready to flaunt perfect skin this summer.
Don’t miss on these: